In this article, we’ll be going over all the Varidesk standing desk converters, and seeing if they’re at all worth its price tag. We’ve gone over numerous standing desks and they all function pretty much the same, giving you the same benefits, providing you the flexibility of changing from a sitting position to a standing position – so why is Varidesk so expensive?
Best Varidesk Standing Desk Reviews for 2019
Best for most people with over 1,500 reviews, 5 stars
- Best selling Varidesk standing desk converter
- 11 height settings
- Supports up to 35 lbs
- Comes in multiple sizes – 30, 36, 48
- Two-tier desk space
- Rowing-lift raising mechanism with its up-and-back movement allows you to use the power from your lower half – leaving your back in a neutral state/healthy posture/straight and strong.
Size 30 Dimension
Size 36 Dimensions
Size 48 Dimensions
Pro Plus Electric
Go from sitting to standing with the touch of a button
- Power hub included ($50 value) with 2 USB ports and 3 AC outlets
- Has a keyboard tray cable management
- Supports up to 40 lbs
- Large keyboard and mouse tray
- Adjustable to any height up to 18.75″
- Small, LED lit display shows movement – ‘0’ is lowered, ‘100’ is maximum height
Pro Plus 36 Electric
Compact standing desk solution
- Support up to 15 lbs
- 9 different height settings for laptops
- Compact, lightweight design
- Work surface measures 30″(W) x 10.75″(D)
- Great for individuals who only needs to work on laptops
- Easy to move around and take off the desk if needed
Laptop 30 Dimensions
Varidesk Buying Guide
Here’s a guide on what type of sit-to-stand converters you’ll need based on your computer setup. Whether it’s only a single laptop to multiple laptops, the Varidesk has a solution for it.
- Laptop 30
- Pro Desk 36
- Pro Plus 30
- Pro Plus 36, 48
- Pro Plus 36 Electric
- Cube Corner 36
- Cube Plus 40
- Exec 40
- Pro Desk 48
- Pro Desk 48 Electric
- Pro Desk 60
- Pro Desk 60 Electric
Varidesk table comparison
This table combarison gives you an easy to view the different types of weight, surface dimensions, footprint dimensions, and height of each of the converters we mentioned above.
As you can see, the Cube Plus 40 and the Exec 40 are the best ones for taller people and all the Pro Plus standard desk converter (non-electric) have the same height range but different working surface area.
|Model||Weight Limit||Work Surface||Footprint||Height Range|
|Pro Plus 30||35 lbs.||30″(W) x 14″(D)||30″(W) x 29.75″(D)||4.5″ – 17.5”|
|Pro Plus 36||35 lbs.||36″(W) x 12.25″(D)||36″(W) x 29.75″(D)||4.5″ – 17.5”|
|Pro Plus 48||45 lbs.||48″(W) x 29.75″(D)||30″(W) x 24″(D)||4.5″ – 17.5″|
|Pro Plus 36 Electric||40 lbs.||36”(W) x 25”(D)||29”(W) x 21.5”(D)||4.75″ – 18.75″|
|Cube Corner 36||35 lbs.||36”(W) x 19.75”(D)||24”(W) x 24”(D)||4.5″ – 17.5″|
|Cube Plus 40||35 lbs.||48″(W) x 20.13″(D)||48”(W) x 28”(D)||4.75″ – 23″|
|Exec 40||40 lbs.||40”(W) x 19.50”(D)||40″(W) x 25.625″(D)||4.75″ – 23″|
|Laptop 30||15 lbs||30″(W) x 10.75″(D)||Two 11.75″(W) Stands||1.25″ – 15″|
There’s a lot of similarities amongst the different standing desk converters Varidesk has to offer. However, there are some slight features that you may want to look into, whether you need an electric standing desk, or if you need one that requires one for a corner.
You may want to check out Varidesk alternatives and competitors if none of these options are right for you.
Varidesk Reviews Recommendations
Because there are so many different types of standing desks from Varidesk, we compiled in an easy way to determine which is the most suitable for you. Here are the Desk Advisor’s recommendations if you decide to opt-in for a Varidesk standing desk:
- For an overall simple desk converter solution – Pro Plus 36
- For tall individuals over 6’11” – Exec 40
- For compact and light-weight – Laptop 30
- For electrical operated standing desks – Pro Plus 36 Electric
- For corner desks – Cube Corner 36
This list should help you get started on finding a Varidesk that’s right for your situation. Refer back to the buying guide to see if any of these desks can fit your computer set up.
Click here for more information about the company.