Companies today recognize the importance of modern office design and aesthetics in communicating the culture of the company. No matter what the nature of the business is and regardless of the size of the office, a reception desk for your secretary is an excellent way to make a good impression.
A small secretary desk is all you need to make your reception area more welcoming to guests and potential clients. Here are some of the benefits of having a reception desk.
Table of Contents
Best Reception and Secretary Desk for Big and Small Businesses in 2023
Alera Valencia Reception Desk with Counter
This simple but sturdy desk can help you welcome guests and transact business with clients. The commercial-grade laminated bow-shaped transaction counter allows people to write notes while the dedicated work surface area and high-sided panels enable the receptionist to work with privacy.
The PVC edge banding prevents damage from bumps while the water, scratch, and stain-resistant surface and cable management system allows for more orderly work experience. You also have the option to combine it with another reception desk to form a longer or a reception desk L shape if you transfer to a bigger office space.
- Laminated desktop surface
- Water, scratch, and stain-resistant
- Bow-shaped transaction counter
- High-sided panels for privacy
- Cable and wire management
- Leveling guides included for uneven floors
- Product Dimensions: 75.2 x 45.5 x 5.9 inches
- Item weight: 202 pounds
Bottom line: If you are after a sturdy, simple, reception desk cheap, and functional that can make transacting with guests easier, this could be the one for you. Use alone if you have a small office or combined with another desk if you have a bigger workspace.
DFS Designs Reception Desk
This modern reception desk is ideal for modern offices with a small lobby for transacting with guests. The 1-inch thick scratch-resistant laminated work surface with 3mm PVC edge banding can withstand the demands of the everyday business transaction. The front accent is a great way to display the company logo for better brand recognition.
What we love about this desk is it has a spacious work surface that can also accommodate a 15-inch monitor for more efficient work dealing. The high side panels ensure privacy while the grommet hole secures any cables to avoid any interruption.
- Modern design desk that fits one 15 inches monitor
- 1-inch scratch-resistant laminated work surface with 3mm PVC edge banding
- Front accent for your company’s logo
- Grommet hole for cable management
- Product Dimensions: 60 x 30 x 44 inches
- Item weight: 200 pounds
Bottom line: This is our premium pick for the best multifunctional reception desk simply because it provides an ample work surface with enough space to fit a 15-inch monitor, it has a cable management system to avoid cord clutter, high side panels for privacy, and a dedicated area for the company logo.
DIR Beauty Salon Reception Desk
A reception desk white, modern, functional, and sleek. These should be the main factors to look out for if you are on the hunt for a reception desk for salon. It has a full wooden construction with frosted tempered glass on the front illuminated by a LED lighting system.
Aside from its elegant and stylish design, it has a spacious working counter with adequate storage and drawers.
- Full wooden construction
- The front panel is made with tempered frosted glass and illuminated by the LED lighting system
- Modern, sleek, and functional
- A spacious working counter with drawers and adequate storage
- Product Dimensions: 63 x 25 x 43.5 inches
- Item weight: 250 pounds
Bottom line: This is our top choice for a small reception desk for salon that also has limited space for a reception area. It is modern, sleek, functional, and white, which fits the theme and culture of a beauty-related business such as a salon.
NBF Signature Esquire Reception Desk
The combination of the materials and colors used such as floating glass countertop, silver accents, and laminated desk surface in mahogany makes this reception desk an elegant choice to greet your guests.
Not only that, but it also offers functionality and ease of use. It has ample space for business transactions with full side panels for privacy and management holes to keep cables organized.
If you have a bigger reception area, you can make a custom reception desk by combining one or more desk to create a bigger one.
- Laminated desktop with a tempered glass countertop and silver accents
- Full side panels for privacy
- Cable management system using two grommet holes
- Full side panels for privacy
- Product Dimensions: 48 x 32 x 41 inches
- Item weight: 193.6 pounds
Bottom line: If you have a small office but is planning to expand someday, you will need a small reception desk that you can use in the meantime with an option for expansion. This reception desk fits the bill while providing you with functionality and style that can leave a good impression on your guests.
OFM Marque Plexi Single-Unit Curved Reception Station
Making a great first impression is easy with this stylish and modern reception desk. The curved style, powder-coated steel frame, and thermo-fused melamine with self-edge make this desk an eye-catching piece of furniture in the reception area in the lobby or the office of the executive secretary.
The cord management cutouts ensure no clutter, and the wide work surface and ample storage allow organization and accessibility to all essential work supplies.
- Powder-coated painted steel frame
- Thermo-fused melamine finished with self-edge
- Cord management system
- Comes with a file cabinet with drawers
- Product Dimensions: 72 x 72 x 40 inches
- Item weight: 190 pounds
Bottom line: The elegance and versatility of this reception desk fit either the lobby or the secretary’s office of any high-end office. The broad work surface, ample storage, and an option to combine with another desk to fit bigger offices.
Displays2go Standing Receptions Desk
This free-standing reception desk made with particle board makes for a practical and minimalistic reception desk. The 9 inches countertop allows enough writing space for guests and clients. The two adjustable shelves and pull-out drawers provide sufficient storage for office supplies and significant business transactions.
- Particleboard construction
- 9-inches writing space for clients and guests
- Two adjustable shelves and two pull-out drawers
- Recessed enough to conceal electrical cord and wirings
- Product Dimensions: 18 x 48 x 42 inches
- Item weight 200 pounds
Bottom line: If you are looking for a practical reception desk with a minimalistic design, this could be the one for you. This seemingly small reception desk offers more work surface and ample storage compared to most modern reception desks.
UTM 2pc Modern Glass Top Secretary Desk
Large offices can afford a large reception area. A large reception area requires a large reception desk to be manned by many receptionists to be able to attend to an influx of guests inquiring about the product and services of the company.
The 2pc 12 feet long modern desk with 1-inch thick top and side allow a sizeable space for business transactions while the lockable drawers and storages provide a generous room for office supplies and paperwork.
- Glass counter
- 2pc 12 feet long modern reception desk
- 1 inch thick top and side, 3mm hi pressure PVC lamination touch edge
- Lockable drawers and storages
- Grommet holes for cable management
- Includes leveling guides
- Product Dimensions: 36 x 142 x 42
- Item weight: 570 pounds
Bottom line: The 2pc 12 feet long desk and the lockable drawers made this reception desk our top pick for the best piece of furniture for huge reception areas, which you can usually find in large offices.
OFM Double Curved Marquee Secretary Reception Desk
Curved reception desks provide instant style to a plain reception area. The double curved form makes it looks bigger compared to regular reception desks, and the white laminated surface with metal allows it to fit almost any office interiors or reception areas. The thermofused melamine finish with silver frame provides sophistication without sacrificing function.
- Thermofused melamine finish with silver frame
- Curved reception desk
- Laminated surface with metal
- Includes Leveling guides for uneven floors
- Product Dimensions: 45.50 H x 124.25 W x 49 D inches
- Item weight: 256 pounds
Bottom line: Greet your guests in style and make a good impression using this double curved reception desk. It is functional, stylish, and big enough for two.
NBF Mahogany Glass Top Reception Desk
This is another curved reception desk that combines functionality and style. It has a laminated desktop that can withstand scratches, water, and stain. The glass countertop accent is supported by silver metal posts and can be used by guests when they have to sign cheques or paperwork.
This reception desk is not only big enough for 2 receptionists, but there is also an option to add more storage spaces to be able to transact with customers and guests more efficiently.
- Curved reception desk
- Laminated desktop surface
- Esquire glass top
- Grommet holes for cable management
- Product Dimensions: 79 W x 63 D x 41 H inches
- Item Weight: 415 pounds
Bottom line: If you are on the lookout for a 2 person reception desk that is stylish, functional, and in color mahogany, this reception desk certainly fits the requirements.
GW Furniture Modern Glass White Secretary Front Desk
White pieces of furniture fit almost any kind of interior design in both offices and homes. And white reception desks with modern design are probably the most popular desk used by companies today due to its versatility.
This desk has a solid countertop and stainless steel trimming with an option to add LED lighting system if you want to upgrade to a more sophisticated look. It has enough work surface that your guests and receptionist would love.
- White and modern design
- Solid countertop with stainless steel trimming
- Option to add LED lights to upgrade to a more high-end look
- Product Dimensions: 68 x 42 x 40 inches
- Item Weight: 300 pounds
Bottom line: This desk wins our best modern white reception desk category simply because of its white and contemporary design combined with its functionality. You even have an option to add LED lights to upgrade the look if you have a high-end office
Benefits of a Reception Desk
- A reception desk automatically signals people that walk in into your office that it is the reception area where one can inquire about the products and services the company offers.
- Modern reception desks create a more aesthetically pleasing office space.
- Reception desks make both clients and staff feel like they are transacting or working with a legitimate business.
- Having a reception desk allows receptionists to handle everything efficiently. It will provide them easy access to essential things while having enough space to keep everything else organized.
Things to Consider When Buying a Reception Desk
These are the things you should consider before you buy a reception desk for your office.
- Custom-made or readily-made? Assess whether you need a custom reception desk that fits the office space or if you are buying a readily-made desk that usually needs to be assembled.
- Decide on the material and color that you want for your reception desk. Do you want full wooden construction? What about the color? White reception desks are pretty standard nowadays. It fits most office interiors of any theme and tone.
- The size and shape of the desk. Do you need a 2 person reception desk? Bigger companies with lobbies usually have bigger or double reception desk. If your office is small and you do not have a lobby, a small reception desk will work out just fine. How about the shape? Do you need a reception desk L shape or a curved desk? Some desks can be combined to for a reception desk L shape if you are moving into a bigger office.
- New or used reception desk? If you are just about to launch a business and starting small, you might want to consider getting a used reception desk that you could remodel or get repainted.
- Your budget is also a deciding factor when buying a reception desk. If the budget is limited, you can opt for a reception desk cheap but functional. There are a lot of modern reception desks that can fit your budget and office space.
So that’s our roundup of the best reception desks available in the market today. Keep in mind that your reception area is usually the first thing that clients see when they enter your office or business. It is only proper that you make it as welcoming as possible by choosing a reception desk that can speak volumes for your business, goes well with the interior, and fits your actual office space.
Make sure you know all the things you should consider and check all the critical features of the desk before making your final purchase.
You may also like to read:
- Best Portable Power Bank for Laptops Buyer’s Guide
- Best Comfortable and Ergonomic Chairs Buyer’s Guide
- Best Desk Organizers and Organization Ideas
- Best Teenage Desk for Small Space and Bedrooms