Table of Contents
In this article, we’ll be reviewing two Herman Miller chairs:
- Mirra 2
- Aeron Task Chair
Recently, we reviewed the Aeron chair versus Embody, and made comparisons between the two. Now, this time, the Aeron chair will be going up against the Mirra 2. We decided to do this comparison because of its similarities. These two chairs are very comparable in its adjustability, ergonomics, design, and materials.
We won’t go into great details in regards to the Herman Miller Aeron Chair because we’ve already gone through it, but instead we’ll focus more on the more notable differences.
Both the Aeron and Mirra 2 are fantastic chairs and very ergonomical, but one will reign supreme depending on the user’s profile and preference. Each has its limitation, as well as its strengths. But without further ado, lets start with the Herman Miller Aeron vs Mirra 2 Comparison Table:
Aeron vs Mirra Comparison Table
|The Aeron Chair||The Mirra 2 Chair|
|Materials||- 56% elastomeric|
- 44% polyester
|- 67% elastomeric|
- 33% antimony-free polyester
|Size||Multiple sizes (see below)||One size|
|Lumbar Support||- Adjusts up and down|
- More firm
|- Adjusts up and down|
- More firm
|Adjustable Armrest||- Adjusts up and down|
- Tilt in or outwards
- Adjusts horizontally
|- Fully Adjustable 4D Arms|
|Adjustable Seat Depth||N/A||16.25" - 18"|
|Seat Height||Size A: 15" - 19"|
Size B: 16" - 20"
Size C: 16" - 20"
|14.75" - 22.25"|
|Headrest||Yes, as an add-on||No|
|Max User Weight||Size A: 300 lbs|
Size B & C: 350 lbs
|Click for more information||Click for more information|
Excellent Customer Service
Herman Miller has been around for a long time, knowing this, they’ve always strive to provide the best customer service experience on the market. If there are any issues with your purchase, Herman Miller is there to help. With their chairs, you’ll have 12 year limited warranty if anything goes wrong with it. Also, if you don’t like your purchase within 30-days, you can return it without any questions asked, and no hassle at all.
Aeron Task Chair Review
Since the Aeron is very similar to the Mirra 2 chair, some of the notable features that distinguishes between these two is the customization. Although, all Herman Miller chairs allows you to customize to allow you to have the best chair that forms to your body, the Aeron has a little bit more options to choose from.
There are different Aeron chair sizes to account as well. This could be confusing, fortunately, you can take a look at this Aeron chair size guide to help you decipher which one is right for you.
Quick summary of differences than the Mirra:
- The Armrest – The Mirra has more armrest positions where you’ll be able to adjust to your comfort zone.
- Seat Depth – Unlike the Aeron, the Mirra can adjust the seat depth.
- Seat Height – Because of the different seat sizes, the seat height varies for the Aeron.
- Three different back support options – The Aeron has three different back support: Basic Back, Adjustable Lumbar Support, and Adjustable PostureFit SL
Again, we won’t go much details because we’ve covered it in other areas. If you’d like to check out the the full review on the Aeron Task Chair go here, or check out our other comparison of Aeron vs Embody chair.
Adjusting the Aeron Chair video overview
Mirra 2 Chair Review
Herman Miller Mirra 2 is designed by Studio 7.5 which was inspired by the balance of comfort and personalized ergonomics. The Mirra 2 is lean and light that gives support for the people who work in a constant state of motion. This chair allows you to be agile with your work style, and is ideal when you’re in a collaborative work environment.
Mirra 2 Back Support
Unlike the Aeron, the Mirra 2 has two different back support options, the Burtterfly Suspension and TriFlex Polymer. The former back option costs a little bit more but it essentially conforms to the shape of your back like a suspension membrane, and supports you as you move while allowing airflow to keep you cool.
The Triflex Polymer’s perforated design allows the chair to flex with you and allows maximum breathability and easy cleaning.
How to adjust the Mirra 2 Chair video
- 4D adjustable arm rest, giving you full ergonomic control.
- Forward tilt seat angle, allows your to tilt the chair forward.
- Adjustable seat depth.
Mirra 2 customer reviews
- Most comfortable for long periods of sitting.
- Made in USA.
- Mirra’s back is flexible and molds to your back.
- Can adjust the tension of your lumbar support.
- Comfortable lumbar support with any adjusted angle.
- Mesh material chair for air flow.
- The armrest can wiggle a little.
- The forward tilt of the seat can be uncomfortable.
- Seat can give away for heavier individuals.
You may also like to read:
- Best DXRacer Chairs for Gaming Buyer’s Guide
- Best Zero Gravity Chairs for the Most Comfort Buyer’s Guide
- Best Mesh Chairs on the Market for Under $200
- Best Under Table Cycling Bikes Buyer’s Guide