Table of Contents
- 1 Best 5 Varidesk Alternative Desks Without Breaking The Bank
- 2 Langria – most affordable to the other Varidesk alternatives
- 3 The House of Trade – comes with a standing mat
- 4 Casiii – a more compact alternative
- 5 VIVO – Similar to the Varidesk just a different brand
- 6 Stand Steady – A different mechanical base
- 7 Which Varidesk Alternative Is the Best?
We know that having a stand up desk lifestyle can be very expensive, and finding the right one can be daunting. The Varidesk has been one of the top leading brands when it comes to buying standing desks, but a lot of people don’t want to commit to an expensive office supply furniture if they don’t see it working out for themselves.
This articles is meant to help people convert from a sit to stand lifestyle without breaking their wallet.
We have compiled the four highly rated stand up desk converter Varidesk Pro Plus alternatives that you can afford, just under $200.
To give you an idea, the Varidesk Pro Plus price ranges from a base value of $375 to $495, depending on the size of the desk. The price can get a lot higher, if you’re going for an electric converter vs the manual options that we’re comparing. Even thought we like the brand, we know there are other options for the money savers. To be honest, Varidesk price tag is pretty hefty, if you ask me.
So, before we begin with the list of Varidesk competitors, here are some of the similarity features these desks have to the list of alternatives below:
- Ability to use dual monitors or a monitor and a laptop
- Keyboard trays, two-tiered levels.
- Manual adjustable desk risers
- The depth of these alternatives are greater than the Varidesk Pro Plus.
Best 5 Varidesk Alternative Desks Without Breaking The Bank
|Product Image||Name||Surface Dimension|
Best Overall Value
|31.5" W x 24.5" D|
With Standing Mat
The House of Trade
|31.9" W x 20.5" D|
|31.4" W x 20.4" D|
|36" W x 22" D|
Stand Steady X-Elite Pro
|28" W x 20" D|
Langria – most affordable to the other Varidesk alternatives
The Langria adjustable standing desk converter has the most affordable Varidesk alternative amongst the rest. The surface area is also the largest and doesn’t cut open around the keyboard area, also giving you a tablet or phone slot.
With the Langria desk you can adjust the stand up desk without any limitations from a height of 5″ to 17.5″ tall, the same height as the Varidesk Pro Plus, which is pretty impressive.
One thing I’d caution if you’re looking into this product is to check the support. A few customers have noted that the support has not been helpful, however, if you’re purchasing this product through Amazon, you’ll have 30-days to try the product.
The House of Trade – comes with a standing mat
The House of Trade is another great Varidesk alternative if price was an issue, with a strong alloy build to the frame. The quality for the price allows you to feel like you’ve purchased an expensive office equipment.
The keyboard tray on this stand up desk converter is also retractable, which can be good for those that need a little bit more adjustment.
One great feature is that The House of Trade comes with a stand up desk mat, which can help with anti-fatigue when standing for long periods of time.
For a full review: The House of Trade Standing Desk Riser Review
Casiii – a more compact alternative
The Casiii stand up desk is a little more compact than the others, this is a great alternative for those that are looking for something smaller and doesn’t have much room in their office, with only 32″ W x 20.5″ D.
However, keyboard tray is stationary, which can be bad for those that need to have a little bit more ergonomics or adjustments on their standing desk converter.
Most of the customers have had positive reviews for this product and has been satisfied with their purchase, allowing them to change from their usual sit to a standing lifestyle.
VIVO – Similar to the Varidesk just a different brand
The VIVO standing desk converter has eight different height levels you can choose, from 6.5″ to 16″ tall. This may limit some people, but it can give the user an easier way to get from an sit to a standing position.
VIVO is a good competitor to Varidesk’s alternative standing desk if you’re looking for something basic and nothing too fancy on your stand up desk. The company has a 1-year warranty, which some may require if they may have some issues with their stand up desk.
For a full review: VIVO Height Adjustable Standing Desk Riser (Desk-V000B) Review
Stand Steady – A different mechanical base
You’re able to stand anywhere between seven to 16 inches, and when in a sitting position, its only 2.5″ off the table.
Unlike the other competitors, this standing desk converter uses a flat service, and doesn’t have a second layer for keyboard and mouse. Depending on the your comfort level, this may be a great Varidesk alternative that’s less than $200.
For a full review: Stand Steady X-Elite Pro Review
Which Varidesk Alternative Is the Best?
I believe this is a hard question to answer, why? Because everyone is looking for different features, when it comes to their comfort. I’m not here to try to tell you that the The House of Trade is better than Langria, or vice versa. This article is to let you know the different options you can have as a Varidesk alternative.
If you want an x-frame with more surface area, and at a more affordable price, then we recommend you can picking up the Langria stand up desk, or if you need one with more support, The House of Trade reign supreme.
Comparing the Varidesk Competitors Table
|Desk||Min. Height||Max Height||Weight Capacity (lbs)||*Price USD|
|The House of Trade||6.5″||16.5″||50 lbs||$188|
|Stand Steady X-Elite Pro||7″||16″||20 lbs||$150|
*The price listed is what was displayed at the time of writing.
- Minimum Height – The minimum height is measured in inches, from the top of your existing desk to the most top of the converter when its at the most bottom level. This is when you’re most likely sitting down. Some of the larger height require spacing due to a two tier (keyboard tray) level.
- Maximum Height – The maximum height is in inches, and it is measured at the highest level of the converter, presumably when you’re standing up.
- Weight Capacity (lbs) – This is how heavy the desk would be able to hold. Most laptops and and monitors are way under the max weight capacity listed. To put it in perspective, the newest 27″ Apple iMac (2018) weights about 20.8 lbs.
- Price USD – This is how much the desks costs at the time of this writing. All prices are under $200 for those more on a budget.
If you do decide on which Varidesk alternative, please let us know!
You may also like to read:
- Comparing Versa Power Pro vs Varidesk Stand Up Desk Converter
- 8 Best Ergonomic Childrens Desk and Chair Set
- 15 Best Over Bed Tables for Hospital and Home Use
- 10 Contemporary and Modern Glass L-Shape Desks