Standing desk converters are a great way to help fix your posture and keeps you active during your work hours. Do you find yourself having a sore back from long hours of sitting at your desk? The current trend we’re seeing is people are starting to convert from sitting to standing while still maintaining productivity. These standing desk converters, or sometimes called desk risers and toppers, can help ease a lot of your lower back pain and will get you to become active again.
A tabletop standing desk converter can come in a variety of sizes, shapes, pricing, and design. We’ve round-up the top-rated standing desk converters of 2022. We broke it down by type, specifications, stability, ergonomics, and much more.
Best Standing Desk Converters
Before you move on, we just want to let you know that we understand that everyone has different types of budgets, preferences, and needs. There are a lot of standing desk converters on the market at the moment, so we wanted to create a list that can help guide you in the right direction. We have categorized our desk converters that may suit your needs:
- Overall Top Standing Desk Converter
- Best Electric Standing Desk Converter
- Best Value and Runner Up Easy Standing Desk Converter
- Best Reputable Standing Desk Converter Company
- Amazon’s Highly Rated Best Value Standing Desk Converter
- Best Budget-Friendly Standing Desk Converter
Overall Best Standing Desk Converter
- It is a 37.5″ wide standing desk, and it can fit two 21″ monitors comfortably, the depth is 18.5″.
- Has 20 height settings to choose from, and raises from 5″ up to 20″, a 15″ difference, providing optimal monitor height levels.
- Comes with a keyboard tray for comfort and ergonomic purposes, has a dimension of 27.5″ width x 11″ depth.
- Ability to add a monitor mount on the converter to optimize space.
- This table top standing desk converter lifts straight up and down.
- Has padding on the legs to protect your existing desk.
- Often compared to the Varidesk Pro, easy to adjust and built with ergonomics in mind.
VersaDesk Power Pro
Best Electric Sit Stand Desk Converter
- Comes with prebuilt cable management system for your computer wires.
- Has three standard 2″ grommet holes that can be used for either mounting monitors or organizing your electronic cables.
- Comes with multiple colors.
- Large keyboard tray for extra room, with 36″ wide and 24″ in depth.
- Can adjust the desktop from 5″ up to 20″ with a 15″ difference in height.
- Has an option with USB insert for charging your smart devices.
- An electric standing desk converter giving you easy way to adjust your monitor height.
Stand Steady FlexPro
Best One-Push Standing Desktop Converter Runner Up
- Smooth 13.5″ height transition from sitting to standing position, height ranges from 5.5″ to 19″.
- Wide 36″ work area with 16″ depth.
- Has cable hooks in the back to prevent your wires from tangling.
- Large 36″ width keyboard tray by 9.5″ depth.
Varidesk Pro Plus 36 Sit Stand Desk Converter
Best Desktop Converter Brand to Help Move from Sitting to Standing
- The Varidesk Pro is one of the best standing desktop converters for existing desks.
- Varidesk is a reputable company that builds quality standing desks.
- Has a large keyboard space with 36″ in width and 9.5″ in depth.
- Ability to set up with multiple monitors or a laptop and a large 27″ monitor screen (iMac).
- Comes with multiple sizes and colors.
- Can adjust from 11 different height settings with 4.5″ up to 17.5″, a 13″ height difference.
- Supports up to 35 lbs (15.88 kg)
- The task area has plenty of room for accessories, 36″ width by 12.25″ depth, but with a small cutout in the middle.
- Fully assembled height adjustable standing desk converter.
Best Highly-Rated Table Top Standing Desk
- Uses single handle design for a straight up and down lift with 12 different height levels.
- Can support up to 35 lbs (15.88 kg).
- One of the larger work surface area with 35″ width and 31.5″ depth.
- Keyboard dimensions: 35″ W x 12.2″ D.
- Height adjustable standing desk converters: 5.9″ to 19.7″ (13.8″ Diff).
- No assembly required and works straight out of the box.
- Auto locks in place of the standing height.
VIVO Desk-V000B Sit-to-Stand Converter
Best Affordable & Easy to Use Standing Desk Table Top
- There are predrilled holes for monitor mount.
- Comes with cable clips to keep all your cords organized.
- Keyboard dimensions: 28″ W x 9″ D.
- Task Space dimensions: 36″ W x 12.2″ D
- Height adjustable standing desk: 6.5″ to 16″ (9.5″ Diff)
- Eight different height adjustments with 37.5 lbs of weight lift capacity for your work equipment.
Fully Cooper Bamboo Desk
Best Standing Desk Converter Design
- Designed to lift the desktop straight up and down instead of towards you.
- Keyboard dimensions: 36.6″ W x 23″ D
- Task Space dimensions: 28″ W x 11″ D
- Height Adjustment: 6.25″ to 22″ (15.75″ Diff)
Eureka Ergonomic V1
Best Sturdy & Full Motion Standing Desk Converter
- No preset heights, allows a full smooth transition from sitting to standing at any height desired.
- Has a smart device slot on the keyboard tray instead of the main work surface area.
- Keyboard dimensions: 36″ W x 17″ D
- Task Space dimensions: 36″ W x 15.75″ D
- Height Adjustment: 5.75″ to 20″ (14.5″ Diff)
The House of Trade Office Desk Converter Riser
Best Value Standing Desk Converter
- Keyboard dimensions: 36″ W x 17″ D.
- Task Space dimensions: 36″ W x 15.75″ D.
- Height Adjustments: 5.5″ to 20″ (14.5″ Diff).
- Supports up to 50 lbs of weight.
- Has five different height levels.
- Uses a dual squeeze handle.
- Has a sliding keyboard tray.
Best Amazon Sit Stand Desk Converter
- Designed from Amazon, a reputable company.
- Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Keyboard dimensions: 36″ W x 14.25″ D
- Task Space dimensions: 33″ W x 22.3″ D
- Height Adjustments: 5.5″ to 21″ (15.5″ Diff)
DeskDoc Standing Desk Converter with Mat
Best Sit-to-Stand Converter with Mat Pair
- Comes with a free anti-fatigue mat.
- Keyboard dimensions: 36″ W x 11″ D
- Task Space dimensions: 36″ W x 22″ D
- Height Adjustments: 7.25″ to 16.5″ (9.25″ Diff)
- Supports up to 35 lbs lift capacity.
- Has an extra slot that is designed for a smart device.
- Uses gas spring lift mechanism.
Best High Quality Post and Keyboard Converter
- Uses very minimal footprint, perfect for small spaces.
- Easily lifts keyboard and LCD screens to the proper height with one touch using Ergotron’s patented lift technology.
- The keyboard is ergonomic with a back-tilt setting.
- Can fold keyboard up and swing arm and monitors out of the way when you need your table work surface.
Victor High Rise
Best High Quality Post and Base Desk Converter Running Up
- Doesn’t use a clamp or mount, but instead uses padded steel plate.
- Easy one-touch lift technology, from sitting and standing in no time.
- Includes a side by side monitor mount giving you ability to mount two monitors up to 25″ wide, with 12.5 lbs each.
- Just place the desktop converter on existing table with no hassle.
- Great for taller individuals giving you 12.5 inches of height adjustment.
- Monitor and work surface can be adjusted independently from each other.
VIVO 25″ Desk Riser
Best Two-Tier Post and Base Converter
- Single squeeze gas spring lift system, adjusts from 5 to 16 inches.
- Task space measuring 25″ width by 18″ depth.
- Dual tier design that has a lower 25″ by 10″ keyboard tray with 17.6 lbs lift capacity.
- Comes with 3 year manufacturer warranty and friendly tech support for any questions or concerns.
Stand Steady X-Elite Pro 28
Best Single Standing Desk Platform Converter
- Single-tier design (no keyboard tray)
- Supports up to 20 lbs
- Lifts straight up and down
- Pump assist lift
- No assembly required works straight out of the box.
- 7″ to 16″ inch of height settings
- Dimensions: 28″ (W) x 20″ (D)
Best standing desk converters comparison table
In order to get a clearer picture of the sit-stand desk converter specs, we’ve put together this side by side table so you can see which best desk conversion table is best for you.
The units of measurements are in the standard metric system, feet, and inches.
- Height range (inches) – This measurement is given from the height of the table to the top of the desk
- Desk width (inches) – Most of our desk is measured at a standard of 36″ wide. This is a typical base width for standing desk converters. Although, there are options to get wider desk, but would cost a lot more too.
- Desk depth (inches) – This depth refers to the top level of the measurable desk space, excluding any additional measurements such as the keyboard. It only accounts for the longest measurement space.
- Tray width (inches) – This is where your keyboard and mouse go. This measurement is reported by the manufacturer.
- Tray depth (inches) – Similar to the depth of the desk, this measures the depth of the keyboard tray. Keep in mind, some stand up desktop converters have different keyboard tray shapes, but this measurement is typically measured from the overall measurable space.
- Price ($USD) – This is the current price of the desk found on the market place, in U.S Dollars.
|Desk||Height Range||Desk Width||Desk Depth||Tray Width||Tray Depth||Price USD|
|Ergotron WorkFit-TL Standing Desk Converter||15″||37.5″||23″||27.5″||11″||$375|
|VersaDesk Power Pro Desk Converter||15″||36″||24″||36″||10″||$350|
|Stand Steady FlexPro Converter||13.5″||36″||16″||36″||9.5″||$300|
|Vari Pro Plus 36 Standing Desk Converter||13″||36″||12.25″||36″||9.5″||$395|
|FlexiSpot M2B Standing Desk Converter||13.8″||35″||31.5″||35″||12.2″||$280|
|VIVO Desk-V000B Standing Desk Converter||9.5″||36″||22″||28″||9″||$190|
|Fully Cooper Standing Desk Converter||16″||36.6″||23″||28″||11″||$325|
|Eureka Ergonomic V1 Desk Converter||14.25″||36″||22″||36″||17″||$369|
|The House of Trade Standing Desk Converter||10″||32″||20.5″||24″||10″||$180|
|AmazonBasics Standing Desk Converter||15.5″||36″||23″||36″||14.25″||$330|
|DeskDoc Standing Desk Converter||9.25″||36″||15″||36||11″||$175|
|Ergotron WorkFit-S Standing Desk Converter||18″||23″||15″||27″||9″||$476|
|Victor High Rise Standing Desk Converter||20″||28″||23″||–||–||$400|
|VIVO 25″ Standing Desk Converter||11″||25″||18″||25″||10″||$130|
|Stand Steady X-Elite Pro Standing Desk Converter||13.5″||28″||20″||–||–||$180|
What are standing desk converters?
These so-called “standing desk converters,” or “height adjustable standing desk” is another office furniture that is placed on top of your standard height desk so you can go from a sitting position to a standing desk position. This type of furniture can convert an existing desk to standing desks, they’re very adjustable and can lift the workstation platform to certain heights based on how tall you are.
You will need a desk for these converters to work properly. There are different types of desks that can help you stand up, but these are typically the most convenient piece of office furniture if you want to keep your current desk.
Some of these desk converters are electric powered so you don’t have to waste energy to lift, but most are gas spring lift to assist you from lifting your computer equipment.
Why invest in a sit stand desk converter?
People who have little to no physical activity every day are more at risk of developing immediate and long-term health effects brought by their sedentary lifestyle. And this is more than the physical pain they feel when they sit too long. One way to combat long term health issues from working long hours at your desk is to invest in a standing desk converter.
According to recent studies, sitting is the new smoking. It means that people who sit for too long throughout the day are more prone to contracting serious illnesses such as cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, and cancer, even if they exercise regularly. Not only that, but it also impairs the cognitive functioning of the brain, which affects concentration, memory retention, and problem-solving skills.
Whether you’re working from home or in the office, standing a few minutes every 30 minutes can be really beneficial.
Working while standing up has a lot of health benefits, and these height adjustable desk converters are an easy way to get you from a seated to a standing position within seconds. You’ll find a lot of different converters on the market, such as an electric standing desk converter versus manual standing desk converters (which is covered in this article), full versus sitting and standing converters, rising the desk frame towards you or vertically straight. Most of them are very similar, but we digest through most of the best sellers. You’ll want to know what the best office desk converter there is to offer.
Our process rating for standing desk converters
We’ve reviewed a handful of these sit-to-stand converters but only a few have made it to the top of our list. Keep in mind that we’ll be going over manual standing desk converters, which are different than the motorized or electric standing desk converter. These converters are placed on top of your existing desk so it can “convert” into a standing desk.
You’ll come across some that are adjusted upwards and some will be adjusted towards you. You’ll also come across different designs that will help with adjusting or lifting your monitor and/or work supplies. Some will be wobbly, some will be sturdy, and others will have some kind of limited warranty on it. The list will cover a wide range of details. You’ll also be able to get more in-depth reviews at the end of each product. We understand that everyone’s body is different and has a lot of different preferences, but our goal is to help you get a good understanding of the top desk converters currently on the market based on our analysis and other people’s overall reviews.
In order to provide you guys value for suggesting what we believe are the top-rated sit stand desk converters, we go through a specific list of in-depth criteria.
- Ergonomics – One of the main factors we look at is how ergonomic the sit-to-stand converters are. Having the incorrect monitor, keyboard, and mouse can cause more harm to you, have neck, back, and wrist pains. Although a lot of these desk converters are very similar from one another, there’s a lot of difference in design, the keyboard and desk size, shape, and lift mechanism.
- Type – Its good to understand what kind of sit stand converter fits your needs.
- Task Space – We like to assess whether there’s ample room for doing most of your tasks on the stand-up desk converters.
- Keyboard Space – Some standing desk converters are two-tiered platforms, where there’s keyboard space, and we incorporate the space within our reviews. This gives customers more task space and is more efficient with their work.
- Material & Build Quality – The material and quality are important because we want to know how sturdy the product is. The better the materials used, the better the desk can withstand heavier loads.
- Stability/Sturdy – One of the most important decision factor, because a lot of the desk risers on the market can be unstable and wobbly – we wouldn’t want to pay top dollar for something that can’t handle a couple of monitors.
- Warranty & Customer Service – We wanted to throw this into the mix because we know how important customer service is if you’re having trouble with your standing desk converters.
- Ease of use/Adjustability – Some height adjustable desk converters have better adjustments than other and we’ve considered this in our rating because everyone’s height is different as well as their comfort level. We also look at how easy to adjust these best sit stand converters are.
- Value of Money – The last thing we looked at is if these highly-rated standing desk converters worth the price?
Best Standing Desk Converters by Type
If you are still unfamiliar with standing desk converters, then it is time to understand that these refer to devices resting over your desk. You can use these converters in raising the space where you work either up or down. With that, it is possible for you to stand or sit every time you work.
The converter is usually smaller compared to full standing desks. These converters are also cheaper. You will find them a great investment especially if you are unwilling to spend money on a complete set.
Just make sure to spend time researching the different types of standing desk converters. By doing that, you will be able to know what works for you.
Different Types of Standing Desk Converters
Standing desk converter manufacturers have evolved throughout the years, and we’ve always been up to date with the latest styles. We’ll constantly change the list as the market adopts newer forms of designs. You can count on us with these updates.
Double X Frame Design
One great choice is the Double X Frame. It comes with a base shaped into a dual-x. It features two x-shaped arms made of metal. You can see these arms running from your work surface’s base to its underside.
You can also see an X on both sides. It helps ensure that your platform has proper support. The good thing about having the two X shapes is that it promotes a more consistent speed in terms of making adjustments.
While the double X frame is not that ergonomic compared to the other types, it is still beneficial according to some users because it is easy to use and assemble. It is mainly because of the simplicity of its design without any complex parts and adjustment settings.
X-frame standing desk converters raises your monitor and keyboard without swinging towards you, which it won’t encroach into your workspace. It doesn’t have preset heights such as the Z Design you’ll see below. This means that the height can be infinitely adjusted depending on your preferred height for optimal ergonomics.
- Simple and non-complicated design
- Well-supported platform
- Consistent adjustment speed guaranteed
- Easy to use
- Not as ergonomic as the others
- Somewhat limited options in terms of height
Single X Frame Design
Another popular type is the single X frame. You can compare it to the standard ironing board. It has a base with a bottom that narrows as a means of pushing the platform higher.
When lowering the platform, the bottom widens. It follows a straight up and down pattern on its base shaped like an X. If you are thinking of getting this type, then be aware that it tends to be slower to adjust when planning to go for a taller height.
You may also have to exert more effort when adjusting it at a taller height. The good news is that this type is usually very stable and guarantees a smooth operation.
This one is similar to the double x design, however, this one only has one x shaped metal arm that’s connected whereas the double x design has two separate metal arms that require two levers to adjust both sides to have equal heights. The single allows you to only use one hand to adjust.
- Smooth operation
- Stable and sturdy
- Simple and hassle-free design
- Not that easy to adjust when setting it at a taller height
Double Z Frame Design
Another option is the Double Z frame. It uses a famous base, which you can often see being used by top brands. This famous base features two arms running from the platform’s base to its underside.
It functions by making the platform move towards you when raising the unit. You will also see the platform collapsing when you lower it. Many say that this standing desk converter is a good choice because it provides ensures that even a large work surface has adequate and proper support.
Aside from that, the Double Z frame is famous for its stability. It is stable that you are sure that even your large work surface will be well-supported.
- Offers adequate support
- Stable and sturdy
- Easy to adjust
- Promotes ease when transitioning between standing and sitting
- More expensive than its single Z frame counterpart
- Quite hard to use in small spaces
Single Z Frame Design
Another choice for a standing desk converter is the single Z frame. It comes with one arm, which tends to lay flat every time you lower the converter. It also vertically lifts when moving into a standing height.
With that, expect this configuration to create an arcing motion pattern, which lets you move closer to your desk whenever you stand up but pushes you away once you sit. Another distinctive quality of this choice is that it has a design, which lets the keyboard tray remain at a similar level compared to your desk.
It might also go a bit lower. Overall, it has a stable and sturdy construction that many users find truly functional.
This has been popular amongst many table top standing desk, such as the Varidesk, which have been making these types of designs for a long time. This converter lifts while bringing the table towards you, causing it to arch into your workspace. These types of converters have preset heights which can be limited on some users.
- Sturdy and stable built
- Flexible arcing motion pattern created
- Can be easily adjusted
- Not that suitable for use on tight and small spaces
Post & Base/Keyboard Tray
You can also never go wrong by choosing to invest in the post & base or keyboard tray of the standing desk converter. One of the most incredible benefits of this type is that it is highly adjustable and ergonomic. It boasts of not only its dual ergonomics but also its wide range of adjustment choices/settings.
You can position the monitor at your desired angle and height. It also comes with a stable post, which can securely hold a monitor and keyboard platform. Another good thing about the post & base is that it usually sits freestanding on the desk.
With that, you can eliminate the hassle of having to use desk clamps. Moreover, it is compact that you can rest assured that it will not consume too much of the available space in your desk.
These types of converters are very minimal and can take up very little space on your desk. However, because of the minimal base, it gives you minimal desk space for anything more than a keyboard and a mouse.
- Ergonomically designed
- Provides a wide range of adjustments
- Can be easily adjusted to your desired angle and height
- Compact and portable
- Quite expensive
- Requires mounting on the desk, which some people find bothersome
Floating or Free Arm Desk Converter
The floating or free arm is also a great choice for anyone looking for this type of product. You can see this kind of converter functioning similarly to the arm of a monitor. It comes with an attachment specifically designed for your keyboard tray as well as monitor.
One great advantage of this type is that it works well in limited workspaces. It is also a great choice if you need to share one screen with several co-workers or customers. It is designed in a way that you can also easily swing the monitor out of your way.
Another advantage of this converter is that its tension is adjustable depending on your monitor’s weight. It makes it one of the most versatile standing desk converters you can use.
This design saves you more desk space than the Post and Base converter, because its only being supported by an arm that is strong enough to clamp on to your desk. However, if you have a really heavy monitor, we suggest you stay away from this type of design.
- Highly versatile
- Comes with a wide range of adjustment options
- Ergonomic for both tall and short users
- Ideal for use in limited workspaces
- Not as stable compared to other types
- Prone to shaking when typing
Laptop Desk Converters
The laptop converter usually comes with a single platform. The platform is often rectangular-shaped and comes with only height adjustment. The fact that it only has a single platform makes it possible for you to fold it down and carry it so you can use it for various applications.
This means that it is versatile. The function of the laptop converter is not just limited to holding your keyboard and standard monitor set-up. It works well for small spaces plus it is easy to store.
You can fold it down to make it more compact, promoting ease in carrying it around or storing it in tight spaces, like in your closet or beneath your desk. Apart from that, the laptop converter is also affordable.
- Easy to assemble
- Portable and versatile
- Ideal for use on tight spaces since it is compact
- Somewhat poor build quality
- Not as ergonomic as other converters
DIY Standing Desk Conversion
This is usually the least expensive, a “do it yourself” type and it can be anything simple to just prop up on your desk, but supportive enough to hold your monitor and keyboard (and anything else you need). If you don’t want to invest too much into a full standing desk converter, this could be a great option to get you started.
Electric Standing Desk Converter
If you’re not fond of manually adjusting your standing desk converter, there are electrical standing desk options where it’ll give you free range of motion and at the same time allow you to adjust infinitely from base to its max height with a simple push of a button. Although this type is a little bit pricier than the other designs, we think that overall health and ergonomic outweighs the price. Some electric standing desks converters are very convenient with memory control. Most electric standing height converters are typically full standing desks, but you’ll find some existing desk converter brands that makes these options.
Top Standing Desk Converters by Design
You can also choose your standing desk converter based on the design. In such a case, your common choices include the v-shaped and rectangular-shaped ones. Note that both designs can provide opportunities for you to stand every now and then when working.
With that, you can enjoy the benefits of standing and sitting alternately while working without investing a huge sum for full standing desks. Just make sure to spend time studying the couple of design options you have.
Learn more about them so you can better decide which one fits your needs and requirements.
V-shaped Standing Desk Converter
The V-shaped converter takes pride in its compact design while still having enough space even you have a dual-monitor set-up. Many prefer it over the other designs because it works in maximizes the available space on your work surface.
If you have an L-shaped desk, then expect the V-shaped converter to make the most out of the available space while letting you decide on when you should stand or sit. Another reason why investing in this design is beneficial is that it guarantees your safety.
It usually features a spring-assisted and rowing lift that can lessen the impact and pressure that lifting your desk might put on your back. Aside from that, it is highly durable and stable, making it a lasting investment.
Rectangular Shaped Standing Desk Converter
A rectangular-shaped standing desk converter is also another great design that you can choose. One reason why it captures the attention of a lot of prospective users is that it assures you of comfortable and smooth height adjustments. It often has a handle, which you can easily operate.
This design also boasts of its highly versatile frame with easy-to-adjust height settings. You can let it move laterally, promoting further ease in extending your desktop.
Most rectangular-shaped converters are also built with stability and strength in mind. With that, you will not experience any difficulty setting it up sturdily.
When shopping for the perfect standing desk converter for you, you have to spend time taking into account the specific size that you will most likely need. You have to make sure that you are getting the right size – one that can accommodate the monitors you are going to put in there.
Aside from that, it should also have some extra space to accommodate other stuff, like your mouse or keyword. You can even certain models of these converters that feature keyboard trays, providing additional space for other equipment and accessories.
Just remind yourself that in choosing the ideal size of a standing desk converter, your primary consideration should be the number of monitors you have.
For Dual Monitors
The use of dual monitors has become popular among workers, especially those who want to improve their productivity and work performance. The dual-monitor set-up is often applied by coders, computer geeks, gamers, and those who need to monitor information closely, including statistics while working.
If you are one of those who have the dual-monitor set-up, then you have to pick a standing desk converter, which can accommodate them. In that case, you have to first determine the actual sizes of your monitors.
Depending on the size of your monitors, you might be needing a standing desk converter that is around 36 inches to 48 inches wide.
For Single Monitors + Laptop
Some workers also make use of the single monitor + laptop set-up. It is still more like a dual-monitor set-up, but the only difference is that the other monitor is that of a laptop. It is the best setting for any worker who wants to improve their productivity and get additional screen real estate for all their open programs.
For this set-up, you might need one that is around 36 inches wide. This width is often enough to handle a couple of 24-inch monitors. With that in mind, it can surely accommodate one monitor and a laptop without any problem at all.
If you are just using a single laptop, then you will have an easier time finding the right size of a standing desk converter. You can go for the more portable and compact ones since you will only need one that can hold your laptop. It should, however, come with extra space to hold other stuff, like your mouse.
Laptops are often used by workers who do not need to use a wide screen or monitor numerous pages at once. It is intended for those whose jobs are not that complex and can stay productive even with just a single screen.
Students attending university or college also make use of a laptop for their schoolwork. The ideal size of a standing desk converter for you is around 27 inches. It is enough to accommodate even large-sized laptops while still having additional room for other stuff.
Best Convertible Standing Desks by Brand
When shopping for the best standing desk converter, make sure to get one from a trusted brand. Among the most reputable brand that can provide you with this product are the following:
Vari is a company, which focuses on providing solutions for workers that will help them have a comfortable experience while working. The products offered by Vari are mostly for those who would like to have a work-from-home setup that can help them work more productively and happily without compromising their health.
With the standing desks and standing desk converters offered by VAri, you can move more and sit less while working, which is extremely helpful for your emotional and physical health. Most of the products in the company are also height-adjustable plus they can protect you from back pain and any other issues caused by prolonged sitting.
Read more: Top VariDesk Standing Desk Converters
Another reliable brand offering not only standing desk converters but also other products and equipment for a healthy and productive workspace is Flexispot. The main goal of the company is to create and provide ergonomic solutions designed to improve the productivity of workers while improving their health.
As for the company’s standing desk converters, you can expect them to turn your desk into the best sitting and standing desk. These converters are created with the help of an effective counterbalancing mechanism, which promotes smooth transition every time you lower or raise your desk.
Flexispot also makes it a point to create their converters in a way that you can quickly and easily assemble them. Aside from standing desk converters, Flexispot also offers height-adjustable desks and desk bikes.
Read more: FlexiSpot Standing Desk Reviews
You will not also go wrong by choosing any of the high-quality products offered by Seville Classics. Being in the industry for around forty years, Seville Classics has already mastered the art of creating products and solutions for home offices, storage, and home organization that are of top-notch quality.
You can get versatile, ergonomically designed, and sturdy standing desk converters from this brand. The good thing about Seville Classics is that the solutions they offer to their customers are also eco-friendly.
With that, you will surely enjoy using any of the products you buy from the company, especially the converter since you know that you also contribute to saving the environment.
Benefits of a standing desk converter
There is some truth to the saying, “thinking on your feet.” Standing from time to time not only relieves back and leg pains, but it also enhances focus and critical thinking skills. If you want to avoid all these risks or if you are prone to back pains, consider switching to the standing desk instead. The idea behind it is simple, but the benefits are immeasurable.
- Reduces the risk of contracting long-term health problems – You can choose to take the healthier route by getting yourself out of that chair. As mentioned, you can avoid the bad side effects of having a sedentary lifestyle simply by switching to a standing desk.
- Increases life expectancy – The rise of mortality rate is always related to diseases such as cardiovascular problems, obesity, diabetes, cancer, and high blood sugar levels. If you can reduce your chances of developing any of these diseases, you have a shot of living a longer life.
- Boosts productivity – Ever wonder why people walk and phase when they think? It is because of walking and phasing around help in the thinking process. It Increases focus, concentration, and problem-solving skills, which boost productivity.
- Enhances posture – It is a smart decision to use a standing desk if you want to reduce back pain, eye damage, and enhance your posture. Standing alone enhances a person’s core strength, which leads to a better posture. Just make sure that the standing desk suits the level you’re comfortable to avoid slouching as you work.
- Enhances mood and energy level – A healthy lifestyle brings about positive psychological effects. Ultimately, if you are healthy, your mood is almost always positive, and your energy level is high. This allows you to accomplish more, thus increases your productivity.
If you like to learn more, check out the 40 health benefits of using a standing desk.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which standing desk converter brand is the best?
There are many brands on the market right now, such as Varidesk, VIVO, FlexiSpot, Ergotron, and even Amazon is getting into this market. We’ve gone through the top converters and have accounted for the brand’s customer service and warranty. We think that the brands that we’ve listed here are one of the highly-rated brands on the market, and you won’t be disappointed with any of the choices you make.
Should I get one with flexible monitor arms?
If you are looking to buy a standing desk that offers you more flexibility by having an option to adjust your monitor to your preferred height, viewing depths, orientation, and angle to avoid straining your eyes and enhance your visual performance, get one with adjustable monitor arms.
Is a keyboard mouse tray necessary?
This is also based on your preferences. It is unnecessary provided the desk accommodates your height requirements that you can work comfortably while seated or standing. If you feel that there is a mismatch between the desk height and the comfortable elbow height, getting a keyboard tray may be useful.
It can be purchased as a combined unit or in separate pieces. You should consider the size of your workspace. The bigger your workspace, the more options you have. You can choose to have a keyboard tray with a longer arm so you can pull it out in the most comfortable way.
There are sit-stand keyboard trays available in the market today. These keyboards allow users to shift from seated to standing position easily. But these don’t always work because they don’t always fit the right anthropometric measurement of users. These are just options. You still have to do your research and make sure that the keyboard has all the necessary features.
What kind of keyboard tray to look for
- The adjustable height of the keyboard tray should be adjustable by at least 4 inches.
- Tilt can be adjusted by at least 15 degrees.
- The tray should not jiggle/shake when pressure is applied. It should be sturdy enough.
- Consider the measurement of your workspace. Your thigh and knee should not bump into any lever or knobs.
- A thin keyboard that is no more than ½ inch is better
- You should be able to raise or lower its height without using a knob
- One that has a particular mouse platform is a good choice. The width should be enough to accommodate both the mouse and keyboard at the same height.
Is footrest necessary?
Like the keyboard tray, a footrest may not be necessary provided the height adjustment of your standing desk is comfortable for you. However, a footrest can be useful if you feel like you’re a little shorter where your elbows aren’t at a correct angle. If you are standing, you can avoid standing fatigued by putting the pressure of each of your foot alternately on the footrest or padding.
Should I get an ergonomic chair still?
If you plan to stand the whole day and not rest then maybe you don’t need one. But this is not a healthy practice. You still need a chair for when you need to sit down and rest your legs and back. Your chair doesn’t have to be expensive and too comfortable that you’d be tempted to sit all day and succumb to a sedentary lifestyle.
If you want more information, we also provided ideas on standing desk stools and ergonomic chairs:
Should I use a wellness anti-fatigue floor mat?
It is unnecessary but if you want to be more comfortable working in a standing position, cushy mats and anti-fatigue mats are an excellent add-on to your workspace.
What are the benefits of converting your desk?
We get this a lot, there are a lot of great benefits of using an adjustable standing desk converter for the office. One reason is that it’ll help with your posture and reduce stress on your lower back. Often enough your lower back is stressed because of sitting at a desk for hours at a time. There are ways to prevent back pain even without a standing desk, such as getting an ergonomic chair that fits your body or using a zero-gravity chair to help make you feel relaxed.
However, another benefit of a adjustable standing desk converter is that standing while working will help you boost productivity as well as making you feel more energized because you’re putting your legs at work.
Should I get a motorized or manual desk riser?
This is more of a preference. A manual converter allows you to raise the desk at a faster rate than an electric one. With an electric, you’re also going to have to eventually worry about the motor from wear and tear.
One great benefit of motorized standing desk converters is that you’re able to adjust at any height level, so you won’t have to assume that a converter you choose will be the perfect ergonomic level. However, one thing to keep in mind is that some manual desk converters allow you to adjust the height without presets, but most already do.
Can these sit stand converters fit in my corner office?
Depends on the size of your corner desk, whether you’re in your home office or work office, will determine the size of a corner standing desk. We have compiled a list of the best corner standing desk you can find on the market. These corner standing desks can be easily placed on top of your desk and fit snug. Make sure you find the right one that you’ll have good ergonomics.
New to desktop converters?
You can ease into working while standing – You don’t need to force yourself to stand all day, and we don’t recommend it. Remember, try to sit for 20 minutes and then stand for 20. You can work your way up to these intervals if needed.
Don’t forget to stretch – Sometimes you’ll need to stretch a few times, but that’s so great about having a stand-up desk because you’re already in a standing position.
Look into leaning – There are chairs that are designed for your stand up desks, and most of them will have a footrest where you can lean on it. These desk stools are probably the best option, once you think you’ll be able to handle standing for long periods of time.
Invest in standing desk mat can help with fatigue – An anti-fatigue mat can really help with being tired at the office. These mats are designed specifically for standing up, and they’ll keep your legs from hurting. There are ones that are non-flat so it’ll encourage you to constantly move your legs.
You may also want to take a look at our comprehensive article for beginners and a holistic overview of using a standing desk.
Desk Advisor’s final thoughts
We have decided that the overall best standing desk converter for your office furniture is the Ergotron WorkFit-TL. Its excellent features, quality, and construction trumps all other desks of its kind. People who bought it swear by it and do not regret their decision. A little bit more expensive than others, but we stand by our belief that you always get what you paid for. On top of that, Varidesk has been around for some time, so you could assume that the company is reputable with better customer service than competitors.
It is time to stop the sedentary lifestyle and reap the benefits of standing while working. Not only that you’ll notice a huge difference in your health and energy levels, but you’ll also increase your productivity and job performance.
With all the health benefits of switching to a standing desk converter mentioned above, and a roundup of some of the best desk converters available on the market today, choosing the one that perfectly suits your needs is now a breeze.
However, if you’re not convinced at spending money on any of the adjustable sit-to-stand converters, you can get your feet wet by building a DIY stand up desk converter, but it would be more of a fixed height than an easily adjustable height system, but it’ll get you started with the sit-stand workstation lifestyle.
Sources and References:
- Sedentary Time and Its Association With Risk for Disease Incidence, Mortality, and Hospitalization in Adults: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis – annals.org
- Too Much Sitting and Chronic Disease Risk: Steps to Move the Science Forward – annals.org
- Diabetes: Yet another reason to get out of that chair – cnn.com