Standing and working for a few minutes can create burnout on your legs and feet. We’ve gone through a lot of floor mats, and have put together an in-depth review of our best anti-fatigue mats for standing that has to offer on the market. Mats come in various sizes, shapes, and colors, and we hope that reading this article will help narrow down your selection of finding something that will give you the most comfort while working on a standing desk.
These standing desk mats will be very helpful in your work environment as they’re great for improving circulation and decrease fatigue, hence the name.
Hopefully, this article will help you realize the comfort of non-flat anti-fatigue mats have to offer when you’re standing.
Benefits of workplace ergonomics include:
- It enhances productivity resulting in maximum work performance and competitiveness.
- It minimizes absenteeism due to health-related issues.
- It decreases health care costs.
- It shows the company’s commitment to ensuring a safety culture, which increases employee engagement and fosters morale.
In a healthy ergonomic workplace, every fixture, furniture, and lighting are designed to help employees perform better. Everything works based on a combination of different scientific disciplines, techniques, and proven research. The result gave birth to ergonomic office chairs and standing desks.
Is your company already practicing this? If not, you can raise your concern and simply suggest to upgrade your workstation’s furniture into a more ergonomic workstation. Like switching your regular desk height to a desk so you can work while standing such as using these sit to stand desk converters.
Using standing desks are now proven to be a very effective way to minimize back pain and leg pain reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, and cancer. It is an excellent way to improve productivity in the workplace.
Now, using a standing desk doesn’t necessarily mean you have to stand all day. Too much of anything is bad. Standing all day is detrimental to your health. You can follow the ergonomic rule of sitting-standing-moving cycle throughout your work shift. Also, you can purchase items to help you get the most out of it.
Top-Rated Anti-Fatigue Standing Desk Mats
Let us say you work in a newly upgraded ergonomic workplace or simply in your home office desk space, and you want to purchase the best anti-fatigue mat to match your standing desk. This list helps you pick the right one for you.
Topo by Ergodriven
Best Overall Anti-Fatigue Mat for Standing Desks
- It is made from 100% high-quality polyurethane foam.
- Product Dimensions: 26.2 x 2.7 x 29 inches.
- The uneven surface gives your calves a stretch throughout the day.
- Comes with a 7-year warranty.
- You can easily stand on one foot alternately while the mat’s calculated terrain drives unconscious movements to maximize health benefits.
Topo Ergodriven Anti Fatigue Mat Video
TerraMat Ergonomic Anti-Fatigue Mat for Standing Desks by CubeFit
Best High-Quality Runner Up Anti-Fatigue Mat
- Product dimensions: 30.5 x 27.5 x 3.5 inches.
- 6 different topographical features which offer over 11 possible stances to encourage movement as it massages your feet.
- Comes with lifetime guarantee, if you’re not happy, you get 100% money back.
CubeFit TerraMat Anti-Fatigue Mat Review
Varidesk Anti-Fatigue Standing Floor Mat
Best Premium Anti-Fatigue Mat
- From a reputable brand, Varidesk, makes standing desks.
- Dimensions: 23.75 x 35.5 inches.
- Raised side rails and wide, calf stretching panel.
- Simple design, ready to use out of the box.
Varidesk ActiveMat Standing Desk Mat Video
Ergonomic Non-Flat Anti-Fatigue Mat by Butterfly
Best Unique Designed Anti-Fatigue Floor Mat
- Uniquely designed to keep your foot more active.
- Contoured beveled edge design to avoid tripping and a teardrop center for movement ankle support.
- Product dimensions: 36.1 x 25.1 x 1.9 inches.
Butterfly Non Flat Fidget Mat Video
Amazon Basics Premium Anti Fatigue Mat
Best Budget-Friendly Amazon Anti-Fatigue Mat for Standing
- Backed by trusted company, Amazon.
- Dimension measured at 36 x 20 inches (LxW).
- An all-around mat that you can use with your standing desk and most especially at home.
- Cushion surface easily conforms to the shape of your feet.
- Non-slip bottom base that ensures the mat stays in one place.
What is an Anti-Fatigue Mat for Standing Desks?
These anti-fatigue mats are created to provide comfort and safety. It prevents foot pain when you stand for a prolonged period. According to experts, foot problems often lead to pain all-over the body. If you already switched to a standing desk, it is wise to add in an anti-fatigue mat to maximize its health benefits and stand comfortably.
There are many types of anti-fatigue mats on the market, and this article has provided four of our recommended non-flat (also known as “calculated terrain” or “active standing”) anti-fatigue mats. Non-flat mats help a lot more than the conventional flat mats because it allows you to constantly move your feet, stretching areas that you wouldn’t be able to when standing.
What are the Benefits of Anti-Fatigue Mats?
- Prevents fatigue, leg and back pain, and stress when standingAs the name implies, it prevents fatigue when standing. It reduces stress, and leg and back pains. Employees would be a lot more comfortable working on their standing desk that is paired with an anti-fatigue mat. It is specially designed to be stood on for an extended period because they somehow force you to make tiny movements to keep the blood circulation in your legs that could even lead to long-term issue or worse, musculoskeletal disorders.
- Reduces slip and fall injuries in the workplaceAccidents in the workplace happen even more widespread than you think. It hurts both the employee and the company. Use of standing fatigue mats can help reduce slip and fall accidents. Some mats are slip-resistant and can absorb liquid spills that may cause anyone to slip.
- Provides comfort and increases productivityComfortable means not being able to suffer from any pain, stress, or fatigue. It leads to improved productivity, enhanced focus, and maximum quality work.
- Reduces material breakage of any item that falls on matsReduces property damage especially those that are made of glass when they fall on the floor. Anti-fatigue mats are also shock-absorbent that could reduce the impact and save delicate objects from breaking when they fall on the ground. If it still breaks, the cleanup is easier.
- It limits vibrations and absorbs soundIf you wish to limit vibrations of certain equipment or muffle its noise, some anti-fatigue mats might be useful. It is effective in reducing noise and vibration of heavy-duty equipment when placed under them. Of course, the effectiveness still depends on the material of the mat.
How to Choose Your Stand Up Desk Mats
It is important to know the different types of standing mats to ensure that you are getting the best mat that suits your need and made with high-quality materials that are built to last.
Types of material used for wellness mats:
Foam is cheap and easy to find. Standing desk mats made of foam provides comfort and support and are usually used for tasks done for a short period. It means that you would only stand on it for a few minutes until the work is finished. Perfect examples are when you are doing the laundry, brushing your teeth, or cooking.
Anti-fatigue mats made of foam rubber are often more durable than those made of regular foam. They are usually used in harsh work environments like manufacturing plants, garages, and workshops. This type can often fit different sizes of workspaces because you can purchase them in pieces that you can interlock.
Hard RubberThis type of anti-fatigue mat provides extreme durability and great support but little comfort. The material is made of hard rubber that is ideal for industries like manufacturing, heavy types of machinery, and wood shops. Mats are designed with holes to prevent any liquid spill to rest on the mat itself.
Other Considerations of Non-Flat Anti-Fatigue Standing Mats
Anti-fatigue mats are typically made with the materials mentioned above, but additional factors affect the levels of comfort and safety of each type. Here are other factors to consider in choosing the right anti-fatigue mat for you.
Added desk mat capabilities:
- Textured Surfaces – mats with textured surfaces provide extra safety because of its sturdier grip. This is great if you are an accident-prone person because you could avoid potential slip and fall injuries.
- Chemical Resistant – This is important if you are working in a laboratory handling chemicals.
- Anti-fatigue Mats with Beveled Edges – the edges make the transition from mat to the floor easier and safer, which prevents tripping.
- Stain Resistant – Mats that are stain resistant are easier to maintain.
- Heat Resistant – If you work in a manufacturing industry or welding, a heat resistant mat is useful and does not melt even under high temperatures.
- Drainage Technology – Mats with drainage technology have holes and slots to drain liquids that cause slip and fall injuries.
- OSHA Approved Mats With Yellow Striped Borders – Better safety by increasing the mat’s visibility
- Static Dissipative Mats – Mats equipped with this technology can absorb electric discharge for the safety of the worker.
Always keep in mind that you always get what you paid for. Some mats are made with materials that are easily available and cheap but won’t last for long and do not provide enough safety and comfort. Other mats are a little bit more expensive but made from high-quality materials and have added capabilities for better security and support.
Every person weighs differently and so it is important that you test the product before you purchase it. Firmness and softness matters for comfort, safety, and movement.
Now that you have an idea on how to choose the right mat, it is imperative that you only purchase one that has legit anti-fatigue floor mat characteristics. There are fake of anti-fatigue mats that claim to provide the same benefits, but they are just regular floor mats.
Final Thoughts of the Anti Fatigue Mats
So there you have it. Our top anti-fatigue standing mats that are perfect for your standing desk. Based on our review and first-hand experiences of thousands of users who purchased the product, Topo by Ergodriven tops our list. You may think it is a little expensive, but it is a sound investment. It just exceeds all expectations. So buy right the first time. You won’t regret it.
Most companies today understand that to achieve maximum work performance, they must first provide better work experience for their employees by looking after their health and well-being. One smart or rather strategic way to accomplish this goal is to invest in a more ergonomic workplace.
The process involves assessments to identify the strengths and limitations of employees, matching specific tasks with the employee’s body capabilities, and allocating resources to provide ergonomic furniture and fixtures to all employees.
Do not think that buying anti-fatigue mats is just another expense. Think of it as a worthwhile investment. It would keep you comfortable, healthy, and productive. And if you feel like these top wellness mats are too expensive, then we recommend getting the Amazon anti-fatigue mat.
You may also like to read:
- About our highly-rated bikes for the table
- Office workout equipment
- Most comfortable zero-gravity chairs
- Kids ergonomic desk set