Screens have become a staple in our life, they’re everywhere and it never seems like we can escape them. From relaxing and watching Netflix on the weekend, to working on a laptop all day, everything we do in today’s world involves an electronic device.
Not only are they for work and play, they also help us stay in contact with our loved ones and friends from far away. Our screens and electronics can also help us look up a recipe for dinner at a moments notice!
Overall, the screens in our lives hold a very important part of how we go about our days and our life in general. But it does come with a price. With all the screen time in our lives, it’s bound to make our eyes feel the pain sooner or later.
But there might be a tool you could add to your arsenal to help combat this eye strain that can really put a hold on your mood, focus, and stress levels. There are such things as computer glasses and within this guide we hope to help you understand exactly what you need to know to be able to invest in a pair.
This article will be focused on explaining what computer glasses are and what they do for your overall health. Because they do have the capability of helping you upgrade your health for the better.
Below is everything you need to know about computer glasses, let’s get started!
What are computer glasses?
In the most basic sense, computer glasses are meant to help reduce eye strain by blocking blue light from electronic screens. This blue light can alter your natural state when it comes to your melatonin levels, which can lead to a variety of different health problems unique to the individual. Some are not affected by this change, but most people are without even realizing it.
Most computer glasses are tinted a bit yellow in the lenses to help combat the blue light and reflect it away from your eyes. They all also come with an anti-reflective coating, which is perfect if you plan on wearing them for a long amount of time.
There are different types of lenses you can customize for your computer glasses. They can be summed up in three different magnifications.
- You can opt to choose a pair of glasses that are not magnified at all, if you just want to wear a pair that will block the blue light.
- You can choose single magnification, which is a magnification in the both lenses that cover the whole lens.
- Lastly, there is a multi-focal option which there is only magnification in the bottom half of the lenses.
No matter what kind of computer glasses you choose to use, they will help you focus so much more and will affect many different areas of your life. Below we’ll be discussing some of the benefits and effects that can occur when you use these glasses and how blue light will affect you over time.
Benefits of using computer glasses
There are many occupations that you might want to consider when it comes to whether or not you should be wearing computer glasses.
These occupations include any kind of job in technology, accounting, statistics, journalism, design, or anything to do with digital art and video work. All of these jobs should be encouraging you to wear computer glasses.
When you actually make it a habit to wear computer glasses, you’ll find that you actually will be able to focus more on the work in front of you, you won’t feel as tired and groggy, and you’ll be able to get more done in a productive way.
How computers screens can harm our eyes
We’ve listed below how computers and screens can radiate blue light and how they affect us:
- Blue light can keep you awake longer, which can lead to you feeling tired and your eyes straining. This can lead to a decrease in the quality of your work and your overall focus.
- When you’re not able to sleep well because of blue light, this can decrease your memory and how quickly you’re able to learn.
- Blue light can cause you to form cataracts and permanent eye damage which can last for the rest of your life.
- Blue light can even go as far as messing with your hormone levels, causing you to put on weight and feeling hungry more often, leading to obesity.
Bottom on glasses to protect eyes from computer screen
Overall, when you’re in a position when you’re constantly surrounded with screens and electronics, you should go out of your way to take care of yourself and do everything you can to really protect your eyes in any way you can. That way you can always put your best foot forward when it comes to your work, self care, and health.
You may also like to read:
- The Correct Distance From Your Computer Screen
- How You Can Stay Stress Free by Decluttering Your Desk and Office